Area Sales Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for the management of Grocery and Pet Specialty customers within an assigned geographical area
Essential Skills & Experience
• Business Acumen: Analytical thinking – Ability to understand market data, provide insight & quickly identify opportunities. Demonstrate the ability to create individual store strategies and plans.
• Effective communication – Ability to share individual success to promote team replication. Willingness to reveal challenges and invite assistance to ensure support of overall organisational objective
• Stakeholder and customer partnering – Demonstrated ability to form and manage relationships which are mutually beneficial
• Customer excellence – Proven ability to negotiate mutually beneficial and innovative outcomes whilst maintaining good relationships with customers
• Operational excellence: Problem solving and continuous improvement – Recognizing and dealing with disputes in a rational, balanced and effective way, also identifying steps needed to achieve goals and personal development.
• Change management – Develop creative and innovative ways to achieve results in an ever-changing environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Market data training
• Robust I.T. experience & ability
• Space management experience
• People Management/Coaching experience
• Current Drivers licence
• ± 5 years’ experience in similar FMCG role
• Tertiary qualification advantageous
Key Responsibilities & Tasks Role Responsibilities
• Delivery of Agreed Sales Targets/KPIs (NPS, Call Coverage, Speed to shelf, new lines, trade standards, pre-sell and compliance etc) in both Pet Specialty and Grocery Retailers for the assigned area
• Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers within the assigned territory
• Implement, follow-up and update field sales cycle plans, priorities and focuses for the assigned area
• Responsible for the execution of the cycle plans in stores, in line with the field sales plans and priorities • Responsible for concise and timely feedback on in-store execution of field
• Appropriate completion of all required administration
• Adherence to all RPFC Company principles and policies
• Maximise RPFC presence in assigned area within guidelines (ranging, positioning and space)
• Ensure constructive & effective leadership and influence over 3rd party Merchandisers
• Facilitate team engagement through positive energy, sharing success & challenges
• Implement strategies & plans to achieve area growth
• Role model RPFC expected behaviours & values
• Implement trade investment within guidelines ensuring profitability.
If you are interested in applying for one of our Area Sales Manager roles please email Shane at Schane.Davis@realpetfoodco.co.nz with your CV and cover letter. Please clearly state the role you are applying for in your email subject line.